Tuesday, June 21, 2005

091 - Tamil Gram Flour


I was intrigued by the writing after "Gram Flour". Initially, I didn't know what gram flour is, secondly I didn't have a clue what is written beside it. However, the trusty Compendium Cruisers have come to the rescue.

Ben first emailed to suggest that this is a Southern Indian script, but then Alex dropped me a line to say that it's Tamil from Sri Lanka. Tim and David have also sent emails to add that Gram Flour is made from Garbanzo beans (a.k.a. chick peas) and 'is used for making Bhajis, among other things' and that the script is the brand. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I at first had the idea that perhaps the writer meant graham flour and might just be wanting to bake something highly nutritious? After I read the rest of the comment though I gave that up. I do however, want to know why there is a period after 'vegetables'. (As it is I think I have misplaced my comma.