The Shopping List Compendium:
a collection of abandoned shopping and grocery lists




082 - Batter Puds


Hmmm, evidently a southerner. They are called Yorkshire Puddings you daft shopper, not batter puds. Then again, this shopper uses such other strange terms (such as "C.Bin" and "M.Peas") that perhaps they do know the real name but are just another one to add to the weirdo pile.

Femke, however, has emailed to suggest to "C.Bin" should in fact read "C.Bis" indicating chocolate biscuits, and justifies this suggestion by pointing out that the 'person has a penchant for abbreviating the first words'.
posted at 14:25 Email this list to someone



This site is made possible by the kind people who abandon their shopping list at the end of a trip to the supermarket. I collect those shopping lists. You might refer to these as grocery lists, which strikes me as a bit strange because not all the items on the lists are groceries. Anyhow, I won't worry myself about it if you won't.

For those of you who have asked why I do this, please just be content with the fact that I do. I saw a list lying abandoned in a trolley once, and thought, "I'll have that". So I did.

Each shopping list I find is added to my collection along with comments about each list, which usually consist of me spouting on about the possible personality of the person who wrote it. I'm quite harsh at times, at others I feel a pang of compassion. Sometimes I just don't know what items are. Hopefully it will aid your procrastination.

Previous Lists
  • 081 - Homemade Lasagna
  • 080 - Shower for the WC
  • 079 - Lottery Numbers and Salad
  • 078 - Chinese Tonight
  • 077 - Strict Chicken
  • 076 - Drifters and Jerseys
  • 075 - Indian Snacks
  • 074 - Shopping in the Minority
  • 073 - Common and Classy
  • 072 - Ziemnielei
  • Powered by Blogger

    ©2006