The Shopping List Compendium:
a collection of abandoned shopping and grocery lists




198 - A Weekly Menu

I envy the family of this shopper. I want to go shopping with this list. While the shopper has failed to organise items according to categories in store, they have arranged them according to meal combinations. Even better is that no guesswork is required by the list scrutineers. Each set of recipe combinations are highlighted with the name of the meal to be made with them, and the day on which is is to be eaten. Thus "Wednesday Lasagna" is accompanied with all the items needed to complete the meal. I can only assume that the shopper already has some items at home (otherwise how would they make "Tuesday crispy chicken" without already having some chicken at home)?
posted at 12:35 Email this list to someone



This site is made possible by the kind people who abandon their shopping list at the end of a trip to the supermarket. I collect those shopping lists. You might refer to these as grocery lists, which strikes me as a bit strange because not all the items on the lists are groceries. Anyhow, I won't worry myself about it if you won't.

For those of you who have asked why I do this, please just be content with the fact that I do. I saw a list lying abandoned in a trolley once, and thought, "I'll have that". So I did.

Each shopping list I find is added to my collection along with comments about each list, which usually consist of me spouting on about the possible personality of the person who wrote it. I'm quite harsh at times, at others I feel a pang of compassion. Sometimes I just don't know what items are. Hopefully it will aid your procrastination.

Previous Lists
  • 197 - Red and Black
  • 196 - A Big Stream of Consciousness
  • 195 - Ian and Me
  • 194 - Double Sided, Double Shopper
  • 193 - Emergency Shopping
  • 192 - Emergency Apple Juice
  • 191 - Joanne & Mum Sandwich
  • 190 - Healthy Eating
  • 189 - Shampoo + Molly
  • 188 - The Gourmet Alternative
  • Powered by Blogger

    ©2006