The Shopping List Compendium:
a collection of abandoned shopping and grocery lists




253 - Jade's Magnetism


Argos is a curious place. Famed for its elite range of jewellery (Elizabeth Duke), the store operates not on item names but rather product numbers. There's also something sinisterly Soviet about the purchasing process in that you queue and pay for the item, before then queuing again to collect it from a teenage 'warehouse assistant' in a fluorescent shirt.

This list was, as you've probably realised by now, found in an Argos store. A little bit of internet research has pointed me towards item "353/0357" being a "Magentic Drawing Board". It looks like Magna Doodle, but cheaper.

Much as I mock, I wish I had one.
posted at 14:12 Email this list to someone



This site is made possible by the kind people who abandon their shopping list at the end of a trip to the supermarket. I collect those shopping lists. You might refer to these as grocery lists, which strikes me as a bit strange because not all the items on the lists are groceries. Anyhow, I won't worry myself about it if you won't.

For those of you who have asked why I do this, please just be content with the fact that I do. I saw a list lying abandoned in a trolley once, and thought, "I'll have that". So I did.

Each shopping list I find is added to my collection along with comments about each list, which usually consist of me spouting on about the possible personality of the person who wrote it. I'm quite harsh at times, at others I feel a pang of compassion. Sometimes I just don't know what items are. Hopefully it will aid your procrastination.

Previous Lists
  • 252 - More Gastroenteritis?
  • 251 - What a Difference an 'S' Makes
  • 250 - Christmas Dinner Induces Diarrhea
  • 249 - Emergency Pringles
  • 248 - Ham 4 Boxing Day
  • 247 - The Week Before Christmas
  • 246 - PROPER First Christmas List
  • 245 - First Christmas List
  • 244 - Food vs. Drink
  • 243 - A Table of (dis)Organisation
  • Powered by Blogger

    ©2006