The Shopping List Compendium:
a collection of abandoned shopping and grocery lists




243 - A Table of (dis)Organisation

Wow, what a fantastic list! I'm a big fan of organisation, and an even bigger fan of pre-printed lists. While this is arranged into sections, it's not in the order that items are laid on in the shop...but I think we can excuse that little mistake.

Comparing the tickets items to the unticked is an interesting exercise. While there are a significant number of "junk food" items mentioned on the list, very few of them are actually ticked for purchase.

What I find particularly amusing, though, is the way in which the pre-prepared list has failed this shopper. Around the edges are written a variety of emergency items, very clearly being for Christmas ("wrapping paper", "chipolatas", "snacks" and "nibbles" - although I don't know the difference the between these last two).

Curiously, some of the emergency items ARE pre-printed in boxes ("White Wine" has even been ticked, but "Orange juice" hasn't).

All-in-all this is the tabulated list of a shopper who outwardly projects an image of calm organisation, but beneath the facade is just as frantically messy as you or I.
posted at 10:07 Email this list to someone



This site is made possible by the kind people who abandon their shopping list at the end of a trip to the supermarket. I collect those shopping lists. You might refer to these as grocery lists, which strikes me as a bit strange because not all the items on the lists are groceries. Anyhow, I won't worry myself about it if you won't.

For those of you who have asked why I do this, please just be content with the fact that I do. I saw a list lying abandoned in a trolley once, and thought, "I'll have that". So I did.

Each shopping list I find is added to my collection along with comments about each list, which usually consist of me spouting on about the possible personality of the person who wrote it. I'm quite harsh at times, at others I feel a pang of compassion. Sometimes I just don't know what items are. Hopefully it will aid your procrastination.

Previous Lists
  • 242 - Desperate for Youth
  • 241 - Fruitilicious
  • Weird Web Award
  • 240 - Whose Juice
  • 239 - Aisle by Aisle
  • 238 - Juice, not Bread
  • 230 - Napkin Shopping
  • 236 - International Pooh
  • Christmas break means more time for lists!
  • 235 - More from Sri Lanka, Perhaps?
  • Powered by Blogger

    ©2006