Sunday, December 11, 2005

233 - Toothrot and Calpol

I wouldn't claim to be an expert in the raising of children (although I certainly have my own ideas...) but this list is just asking for trouble.

It's a kind-of contradiction in terms.

The shopper lists "choco", "cake", "orange drinks", "sugar", and even a "coke bottle small". That's surely getting on for the gross regional output of Norfolk's sugar beet crop, which can't be great for one's teeth.

The contradiction comes in with "calpol" - a medicine that is a paracetamol suspension, especially created to ease the pain of teething in children. The parent evidently cares about their child's teeth, so why all the sugar?

Nice of them to include a "car toy", though. At least the little 'un will be happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are slightly missing the point on Calpol. It's full of sugar - that's why the little blighters love it.

Scotty said...

Ah. I didn't know that - thanks. I guess that scuppers my theory that this parent is contradicting their sweet foods with thoughtful medicine...even the medicine is bad for their teeth as well!