The Shopping List Compendium:
a collection of abandoned shopping and grocery lists




161 - Choc Croissant


The lowly single croissant on this list is dwarfed by the enormity of "dettox x 2" and "Vaporese". It looks like the person buying these items is expecting a long cleaning experience and wants a nice snack to see them through. I love the flourish at the end of "Tins -" as if to say 'There! I've done it!' Well done, shopper, you've made a list that's featured on the Compendium: huzzah!
posted at 20:52 Email this list to someone



This site is made possible by the kind people who abandon their shopping list at the end of a trip to the supermarket. I collect those shopping lists. You might refer to these as grocery lists, which strikes me as a bit strange because not all the items on the lists are groceries. Anyhow, I won't worry myself about it if you won't.

For those of you who have asked why I do this, please just be content with the fact that I do. I saw a list lying abandoned in a trolley once, and thought, "I'll have that". So I did.

Each shopping list I find is added to my collection along with comments about each list, which usually consist of me spouting on about the possible personality of the person who wrote it. I'm quite harsh at times, at others I feel a pang of compassion. Sometimes I just don't know what items are. Hopefully it will aid your procrastination.

Previous Lists
  • 160 - Kitchen Towel Rolls
  • 159 - Sandwich Gear For Andy
  • 158 - Spam, Ace!
  • 157 - Wine, Water and Red Wine
  • 156 - Yoonah is Stupid
  • 155 - Broad and Specific
  • 154 - Euro Lott
  • 153 - Tube Not Triangle
  • 152 - Rudimentary Ranking
  • 151 - Tin, Tin, Tin
  • Powered by Blogger

    ©2006