Thursday, August 11, 2005

159 - Sandwich Gear For Andy

So much of this list has the tag "hols" that one can only assume that this is a shopper stocking up to go away somewhere...somewhere with a washing machine, presumably.

I'm drawn to "Sandwich gear for Andy" for one main reason though: this apparently ISN'T for holiday. I'd be interested to know why Andy isn't going away with them. Or possibly he is, but the shopper has failed to acknowledge the fact by adding "hols" to the item. But is Andy's sandwich gear different to the items already listed as "sandwich stuff"? Surely out of the choices there Andy would be able to find something for his sandwiches, plus the shopper is buying in both "bread & rolls" to provide yet more options for sandwichery magic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to have overlooked the curious reference to "muscles" on this list. Perhaps a reference to a trip to the gym. Or should it be Mussels and a promise of French cuisine?

Had you considered that perhaps not everything on your lists is related and to be found in the same supermarket. Some of your lists may contain items to be had from different shops and also old references from earlier shopping trips or from endeavours unrelated to shopping, e.g. DIY. What do you reckon?

I look forward to your expert opinion.

Scotty said...

A good point about the "muscles" on the list...and some excellent interpretation. I think I got a bit carried away with the possibility of Andy not having the chance to go on holiday that I didn't read the rest of the list fully.

As for the lists not always being for the supermarket, you're definitely right. A number of my lists have room measurements or DIY stuff in particular and, even though my local Tesco stocks an enormous range of such things, I doubt anyone in their right mind would ever consider buying it from them.

The thing is, it's quite a distance to the nearest DIY store. The fact that they abandoned the list at the supermarket woudl suggest that they had already been to the DIY store, and gone supermarket shopping on the way home (in which case why aren't the DIY items crossed out?) or got to Tesco and thought "sod it, I can't be bothered DIYing today" and just ditched the list there.

Perhaps I should start a campaign for "One shop, one list" to stop people putting multiple shopping items onto the same list and thus confusing me?

Thanks for the comment...really made me giggle!