The Shopping List Compendium:
a collection of abandoned shopping and grocery lists




222 - Mammal Milk


Sadly the illegibility of the handwriting means that I can't be sure that the third item on the list is "mammal milk". This is especially true as, unless my memory of biology is completely wrong, milk can only be obtained from mammals anyway.

Then again, the shopper also wants "Blue Flowers" which, again according to my biology teacher, is impossible - blue flowers don't exist. This leaves me with the conclusion that either my biology teacher was wrong, or the shopper's was. Can any biology teachers or students help me on this one?

And what's most curious is that "mammal milk" features again on the second side of the list. Then again, loads of others things are on here that are similarly illegible, so perhaps I should stop wasting my time working this one out and just grab a drink.
posted at 18:50 Email this list to someone



This site is made possible by the kind people who abandon their shopping list at the end of a trip to the supermarket. I collect those shopping lists. You might refer to these as grocery lists, which strikes me as a bit strange because not all the items on the lists are groceries. Anyhow, I won't worry myself about it if you won't.

For those of you who have asked why I do this, please just be content with the fact that I do. I saw a list lying abandoned in a trolley once, and thought, "I'll have that". So I did.

Each shopping list I find is added to my collection along with comments about each list, which usually consist of me spouting on about the possible personality of the person who wrote it. I'm quite harsh at times, at others I feel a pang of compassion. Sometimes I just don't know what items are. Hopefully it will aid your procrastination.

Previous Lists
  • 221 - Football Trivia Game
  • 220 - Suicide is Painless
  • 219 - Canadian Livestock and 3 Lucky Dips
  • 218 - Scrap of a Life
  • 217 - Emergency Windowlene
  • 216 - Lottee's Additions
  • 215 - Beef Stew For Six
  • 214 - Tea For Who?
  • 213 - EGGS and BACON
  • 212 - Thigh and Breast
  • Powered by Blogger

    ©2006