The Shopping List Compendium:
a collection of abandoned shopping and grocery lists




125 - Where Shopping is a Pleasure



If shopping is such a pleasure at Publix supermarkets, why the hell did I find this list in a trolley at Tesco? Well, it's not a tricky one: Publix is a US chain and this list was found in the UK. Still, it's rather interesting to have a foreign-sourced notepad appearing in my collection. I like the way that the Publix pad gives spaces for each area of the shop, but this has been ruined by a mindless shopper who has just written their items in anywhere. I mean, poor old Publix supermarkets - they try to help people categorise but some British oik kicks it back in their face. I feel dirty just handling this defaced piece.

And how about this: the mindless shopper who doesn't use the pre-prepared categories is going on one almighty bender sometime soon. 48 bottles of champagne, 48 bottles of wine, a load of punch...and I'm guessing that Janet is picking it all up sometime in the afternoon. I want to go to that party!
posted at 10:30 Email this list to someone



This site is made possible by the kind people who abandon their shopping list at the end of a trip to the supermarket. I collect those shopping lists. You might refer to these as grocery lists, which strikes me as a bit strange because not all the items on the lists are groceries. Anyhow, I won't worry myself about it if you won't.

For those of you who have asked why I do this, please just be content with the fact that I do. I saw a list lying abandoned in a trolley once, and thought, "I'll have that". So I did.

Each shopping list I find is added to my collection along with comments about each list, which usually consist of me spouting on about the possible personality of the person who wrote it. I'm quite harsh at times, at others I feel a pang of compassion. Sometimes I just don't know what items are. Hopefully it will aid your procrastination.

Previous Lists
  • 124 - Specific Health Food
  • 123 - Chewing Gun
  • 121 - (Sun PM Supper)
  • 119 - A Foreign Arial
  • 118 - Champagne for Friday Night
  • 117 - Kinky
  • 116 - Back of the Chippy
  • 115 - O, O, O!
  • 114 - Shoping Lust
  • 113 - Dominic, Sonny, Harry, Ella and Alex
  • Powered by Blogger

    ©2006