Thursday, January 05, 2006

261 - Just the Two?


"eggs. x 2." What is this strange code? One would think that this shopper means to only buy 2 eggs, but such a feat is impossible on our modern supermarkets. Nay, eggs come in a minumum of a half-dozen, right up to batches of 36. And so, I assume the shopper requires 2 half dozen boxes of eggs. I doubt anyone could get through 72 of them.

The apperance of "bubble bath." halfways down the list is quite funny. Its placement after "g almonds." makes it seem like some kind of high class bathtime ritual, but I suspect the shopper simply remembered, "aaah, I need bubble bath!" while considering the ingredients for marzipan, or whatever they were getting the ground almonds for.

"Walkers", I presume, are crisps. I'm quite sure that even my local (but enormous) Tesco has not developed an in-store range of ramblers just yet.

2 comments:

onewetleg said...

I don't know if I have mentioned this to you or not, but I adore what you have done with the site! Thanks for keeping this up, your sense of humor never fails to get me giggling and make my co-worker wonder what I'm up to. Yours, JJ.
ps do you remember me?

Anonymous said...

maybe the person is use to getting broken eggs and only needs the two ever thought of that