The Shopping List Compendium:
a collection of abandoned shopping and grocery lists




259 - Starting Badly


Compared to the first shop by the owner of list 258, this shopper is starting 2006 badly. I must admit that our first shop today wasn't the best example of healthy eating (bread, naan bread and carrots were the constituent parts, but we did eye up a big chocolate cake for a few minutes before deciding that our drawer of chocolates was more than enough to keep us going).

This shopper, though is clearly wanting to put on a bit of weight this year. In fact, the potentially healthiest thing on here is "cocoa", which while not strictly fattening in itself can be lethal when given to...well...me to mix with full cream milk, plenty of sugar, and sit and get a chocolately moustache. Mmmmm.

I think I'm going to have to raid that chocolate drawer...
posted at 22:11 Email this list to someone



This site is made possible by the kind people who abandon their shopping list at the end of a trip to the supermarket. I collect those shopping lists. You might refer to these as grocery lists, which strikes me as a bit strange because not all the items on the lists are groceries. Anyhow, I won't worry myself about it if you won't.

For those of you who have asked why I do this, please just be content with the fact that I do. I saw a list lying abandoned in a trolley once, and thought, "I'll have that". So I did.

Each shopping list I find is added to my collection along with comments about each list, which usually consist of me spouting on about the possible personality of the person who wrote it. I'm quite harsh at times, at others I feel a pang of compassion. Sometimes I just don't know what items are. Hopefully it will aid your procrastination.

Previous Lists
  • 258 - New Year Cleaning
  • Happy New Year!
  • 257 - A Bigger Christmas
  • 256 - Vital Cranberry Sauce
  • 255 - Stinky House
  • 254 - Dear Sanda
  • 253 - Jade's Magnetism
  • 252 - More Gastroenteritis?
  • 251 - What a Difference an 'S' Makes
  • 250 - Christmas Dinner Induces Diarrhea
  • Powered by Blogger

    ©2006