The Shopping List Compendium:
a collection of abandoned shopping and grocery lists




276 - This is a List


This is a list. Oh yes it is. And it's not just any old list, it's a THISISAKNIFE list.

I've just got back from Tesco with the nice chaps from Channel 4's weekly videocast, thisisaknife who featured the Compendium in January. Donal, Tim and I wandered around the trolleys searching out more lists while they recorded a nice little interview for this week's show.

This was the first list we found, and I promised to upload it to the web in case any thisisaknife viewers wanted to see the goodness :)

As for the list, there's a couple of things that stand out. One of them is the fact that "Bread" is written - not only in black pen rather than a pencil - but aso in different handwriting. The second exciting thing is that this is a shopper who either wishes to buy a straight caddy for tea, or maybe already has the caddy but wants some tea leaves for it. How very confusing! You can tell it's summer though - lots of "Salad" and things, although quite why "cucumber" needs to be listed separately is slightly inconsistent.
posted at 07:16 Email this list to someone



This site is made possible by the kind people who abandon their shopping list at the end of a trip to the supermarket. I collect those shopping lists. You might refer to these as grocery lists, which strikes me as a bit strange because not all the items on the lists are groceries. Anyhow, I won't worry myself about it if you won't.

For those of you who have asked why I do this, please just be content with the fact that I do. I saw a list lying abandoned in a trolley once, and thought, "I'll have that". So I did.

Each shopping list I find is added to my collection along with comments about each list, which usually consist of me spouting on about the possible personality of the person who wrote it. I'm quite harsh at times, at others I feel a pang of compassion. Sometimes I just don't know what items are. Hopefully it will aid your procrastination.

Previous Lists
  • 275 - Musical Fangs
  • 274 - Thai Chicken Headache
  • 273 - Cripple Sauce
  • 272 - Hi Mr. Foster
  • 271 - Fruit to Dairy
  • 270 - Olives to Scale
  • 269 - Face It!
  • 268 - £200 For All That?
  • 267 - Light Lunch and Fags
  • This Is A Knife
  • Powered by Blogger

    ©2006