The Shopping List Compendium:
a collection of abandoned shopping and grocery lists




267 - Light Lunch and Fags



The most intriguing thing about this list is not its content. Oh no. In fact, it's not particularly interesting at all. Quite mundane, in fact. I mean, it just looks like a few snacks for a light lunch.

However, I think it's quite interesting that the shopper has made ingenious use of a discarded cigarette packet to write their list on. It's even better that they've crossed out "LENTILS".

Healthy stuff? Nah, I'll stick to my fags.
posted at 17:14 Email this list to someone



This site is made possible by the kind people who abandon their shopping list at the end of a trip to the supermarket. I collect those shopping lists. You might refer to these as grocery lists, which strikes me as a bit strange because not all the items on the lists are groceries. Anyhow, I won't worry myself about it if you won't.

For those of you who have asked why I do this, please just be content with the fact that I do. I saw a list lying abandoned in a trolley once, and thought, "I'll have that". So I did.

Each shopping list I find is added to my collection along with comments about each list, which usually consist of me spouting on about the possible personality of the person who wrote it. I'm quite harsh at times, at others I feel a pang of compassion. Sometimes I just don't know what items are. Hopefully it will aid your procrastination.

Previous Lists
  • This Is A Knife
  • 266 - A Delayed Christmas
  • 265 - Tidel Wave
  • 264 - Capital Irregularity
  • Back to Normality?
  • Londonist
  • More Media!
  • Introduction to The Shopping List Experiment
  • The Compendium Hits the TV!
  • A busy day!
  • Powered by Blogger

    ©2006